Are you in love with the sea?
Upload photos of your connection with the sea, rivers or lakes before 31 December 2017 and win a unique diving experience in Greece with the Athens Divers Club*, diving equipment**, and Dolphin Man cinema tickets across Europe.
The competititon is co-organised by Moving Docs, WWF Greece and screening partners Against Gravity, CineDoc, Demiurg distribucija, Doc/it, Doc Lounge, Doc Poppies, Lemesos International Documentary Festival, MakeDox, Slobodna Zona / Free Zone Film Festival and Taskovski Films.
To enter the competition:
- Visit the Facebook event Photo Competition #MyBlueEurope
- Upload your photo on the event page using the hashtags #MyBlueEurope and #dolphinmanfilm
- Post the location and date of the photo and a short description of up to 30 words.
The official rules of our photo contest
The subject of the photographs should capture your relationship with the sea, rivers and/or lakes and may represent: marine landscape, underwater photographs, sea animals, people etc.
Inspired by the life and legacy of Jacques Mayol, #MyBlueEurope aims to raise awareness about our connection to the ocean and the need to protect it. The campaign is based on our personal, lifelong relationship with the sea, the emotions it brings to us, the beauty of the underwater world and the effects of water on our body and soul.
- Participation is open to all amateur and professional photographers.***
- Participants can upload up to 10 photos each.
- Photos must be publicly posted on the Facebook Event titled Photo Competition #MyBlueEurope and participants must indicate the place and year of the photo and hashtag of the #MyBlueEurope #dolphinmanfilm contest. A short description of each photo, up to 30 words (about three lines), is optional.
- Owners of shortlisted photographs selected for final evaluation by the jury, will be asked to send the original high resolution digital file. Failure to send them within the reasonable deadline to be notified is a reason to opt out of the competition.
- Participants must have exclusive rights to submitted photographs. By entering the competition, the participant declares that the photos are original, they are his/her own creation, they are not assigned to a third party and that they retain the full rights.
- Participation with third-party photos which have undergone digital or analogue processing, synthesis, collage etc are excluded.
- If it is found that a photograph belongs to another creator rather than the participant, the organizers of the competition do not have any legal responsibility.
- The works of each participant can be used for the wider dissemination of the photographic contest and its purposes by the organizers in any medium and in any way, without the right of any other remuneration of the participant and always with the Publication of the author's name.
- Submission deadline is 31 December 2017.
- The submission date is proven by the digital participation data.
- The jury will consist of five persons assigned by Anemon and Moving Docs. The names of committee members will be announced on the event page.
- The committee's judgment is final and no objection or other extrajudicial or judicial claim is allowed.
- Each week, the organisers retain the right to share the 'Photo of the Week' they have selected without this being related to the competition pre selection. The photo will be shared on the Dolphin Man Facebook page and on the pages of sponsors and supporters of the contest.
- The organisers of the photo contest reserve the right at any time to withdraw the contest to extend it or change its dates.
- The 12 best photos selected by the jury will receive an award. The grand prize is a diving experience in Attica, Greece, in collaboration with the Athens Divers Club – worth €400. Second and third prizes are diving equipment worth €250 each. Other prizes include cinema and premiere tickets across Europe for the screenings of Dolphin Man.
- Participation in the contest means unconditional acceptance of all the above-mentioned terms.
* The 1st prize includes a flight ticket from a European destination to Athens for one person and a three- to five-day diving experience off the coasts of east Attica, which will be adjusted according to the level of diving experience of the winner of the contest.
** Shipping in Europe and North America only.