Moving Docs brings powerful documentary films to screens big and small, combining event cinema with innovative online distribution. It is driven by a shared belief in the value of documentaries and the importance of a diverse film culture within Europe.
With 20 screening partners across Europe and two mainstream media partners, Moving Docs enables a selection of the best European documentaries to cross borders and reach new audiences.
These are films with an impact. They make you see the world differently.
Moving Docs is the very first initiative of its kind, powered by partners across Europe, managed by the European Documentary Network, and supported by Creative Europe.
- We select creative European feature-length and issue-based documentaries (full list here)
- We organise pan-European documentary outreach campaigns and event screenings in over 18 European countries, including Austria, Belgium, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Finland, FYR Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and the United Kingdom
- We create and share social media content with the partner networks, including original articles, animated images, film clips, unused film sequences, video interviews with directors and film protagonists
We provide educational materials around selected Moving Docs documentaries
We organise an annual film marketing workshop for partners in collaboration with the Thessaloniki Documentary Festival, plus several online workshops on topical issues
- We release documentary films on video-on-demand in our Moving Docs Home Cinema in multiple European languages
- We share research on audience behaviours and tech innovation with the international documentary industry
- Are you interested in organising a screening of a Moving Docs documentary?
- Are you a documentary producer or director and would like your film to be considered for Moving Docs?
- Are you a documentary festival or distributor and are interested in becoming a Moving Docs partner?
Feel free to reach out to us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org